vineri, 9 septembrie 2016

Chrysalis

I am leaning with my back against the hard wall behind me, somehow I can't get comfortable enough, never could. Annoyed by the roughness of the walls surrounding me and the floor underneath me, I turn to my left side, with my knees up to my chin.
This is my home now, my cocoon that I've created long time ago to protect this little light of mine. The darkness disperses around me once I take out the small globe of light that floats in my hand. I bring it closer to my chest, its warmth embracing me, this is all I've got left.
I'm feeling at peace in this isolated place, I know that one day I will be ready to get out.
"Are you there?" a whisper broke the silence.
I turn my head around, searching for the source of this voice, it must be from the outside of my chrysalis.
"Who is there?" I answer, my voice trembling.
"It's me, your oldest friend, you have to let me in now."
"I don't remember you, I don't have any friends." I pulled myself even closer to the wall besides me.
"Oh? You mean to say that you forgot who you turned to every time you were broken? Every time that you had no one to talk to?" the voice turned all of a sudden into a light growl and my heart froze in an instant.
It was him, the darkness I've build this cocoon to protect myself from.
"Please go away!" was all I managed to shout in that moment.
"It seems to me you are very emotional now. You know we used to be a team, I am still your trustful friend, confide in me what it is that troubles you."
"I have nothing to tell you..." was all that I managed to say.
Strong winds started to swirl all around my cocoon and I felt as the darkness thickened.
"Are you still mad at me my dear friend? I know we went too far last time but in my defense it's just a scar now." the persuasive voice rang all around me.
Hearing that, I covered grabbed my left wrist, feeling self-conscious about the wound on it.
"It was meant to be just a distraction from the paint I felt inside, but you just pushed it more!" I shouted at the walls.
"You did nothing you didn't want to, I just gave you the little push you needed."
And he was right.
"Please go away..." I begged slowly.
"I feel like you don't really mean that... I am everything you ever were, how will you survive without me?"
"I will learn and I have my little light to guide me now." I stated bravely.
All of a sudden the chrysalis started to shake, something from outside punching violently the walls.
"You ungrateful little human! Don't you dare deny me now!" the voice rang in my ears. "I know you want to join me, to lose yourself again in this vortex of darkness and float into nothingness."
For a second I considered his offer. My heart froze and I stared blankly at the wall in front of me. As I was about to respond, the light in my arms pulsed strongly warming me even more.
"I won't give in now, even if it will mean that I will perish now!" I shouted, embracing the little globe of light even stronger.
"You are nothing without me! Nothing!" the voice raged everywhere.
I looked up, ready to face the darkness once and for all "I will become so much more without you."

Niciun comentariu: